The Racine Theatre Guild will be holding open auditions for A Comedy of Tenors on Monday, December 11 and Tuesday, December 12 at 7 p.m.
ABOUT THE SHOW
One hotel suite, four tenors, two wives, three girlfriends, and a soccer stadium filled with screaming fans. What could possibly go wrong? A Comedy of Tenors, the sequel to Lend Me a Tenor performed at RTG in 2016, brings back character the audience loves, mistaken identities, and bedroom hijinks for a madcap delight bringing new meaning to the phrase “the show must go on.” It is a frenzy of a farce, promising an evening of sheer joy.
4 Men, 3 Women:
- Saunders: High-strung American producer; he’s had success but worked very hard for it and it shows.
- Max: Rising American opera singer and former assistant to Saunders; smart, level-headed, and quick with a joke.
- Maria: Stunning wife to one of Italy’s most famous opera singers; big personality, explosive temper. Tito’s loving, long suffering wife.
- Tito: One of Italy’s most famous opera singers; regal in appearance, fiery in nature; has a bit of a diva complex and is a horribly jealous person. Actor also plays Beppo, a bellhop–joyous and full of life, down to earth.
- Mimi: Bright-eyed star hoping to be discovered; she is the daughter of Tito and Maria and, while they still think of her as their little girl, she is definitely coming into her own.
- Carlo: Dashing, young opera impresario who is in love with Mimi but seen as a threat to her father’s career.
- Racón: Famous Russian opera singer, former lover to Tito, a very intense and passionate woman.
Director Doug Instenes will hold auditions for adults of all ages in the Racine Theatre Guild lobby. No appointments necessary. Auditions consist of a cold reading from the script. Individuals with all levels of experience are invited to audition.
Scripts may be checked out in advance from the box office with a $10.00 deposit, which will be refunded when the script is returned. The show will go into rehearsal in December and will be performed weekends February 23 – March 11, 2018. For further information, contact the Box Office at (262) 633-4218.
Don’t miss out on any auditions! Sign-up for our auditions email list!