The Racine Theatre Guild will be holding open auditions for the holiday classic, A Christmas Carol: The Musical on Saturday, September 9 from 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. and Sunday, September 10 from 5 p.m. – 10 p.m at Holy Communion Lutheran Church, 2000 W 6th St, Racine.
ABOUT THE SHOW
Enjoy all the nostalgia of the holidays wrapped up in this lively musical retelling. A Christmas Carol: The Musical transports the audience into Charles Dickens’s classic tale of Scrooge, who, with the help of three ghosts, discovers the true spirit of Christmas. With music by Alan Menken, it is the perfect holiday treat for young and old.
The show requires a large ensemble with roles for men, women, and children ages 10 and up, including
- Ebenezer Scrooge: Bank Owner/Mortgage Lender, a mean stubborn miser, later very giving
- Bob Cratchit: employee to Scrooge, Father to Tiny Tim, working class
- Mrs. Cratchit: Wife to Bob Cratchit
- Tiny Tim: Bob Cratchit’s son who is ill, walks with a crutch and braces
- Martha Cratchit: Tiny Tim’s sister
- Ghost of Christmas Past: insightful leading Scrooge into flashbacks
- Ghost of Christmas Present: jovial, moves well
- Ghost of Christmas Future: Singer/Dancer, Old Hag transforms into Beauty
- Fred Anderson: Scrooge’s nephew, married to Sally
- Sally Anderson: Scrooge’s Nephew, Fred’s wife
- Mr. Smythe: poor, mortgage debt to Scrooge, daughter-Grace
- Grace Smythe: daughter of Mr. Smythe
- Mrs. Mops: Scrooge’s Housekeeper, jovial, yet stern
- Jacob Marley/Ghost of Marley: Scrooge’s business partner
- Scrooge at age 8
- Scrooge at age 12
- Young Ebenezer (Scrooge at age 18): in love with Emily, friend to Marley
- Young Marley: friend’s to young Ebenezer and Emily, co-worker, business partner
- Emily: in love with Young Ebenezer, his fiancée
- Mr. Fezziwig: a portly, jolly man, giving, bank owner
- Mrs. Fezziwig: a comical woman, wife to Mr. Fezziwig
- Mr. Hawkins: the Boot factory owner, young Scrooge’s employer
And various other ensemble parts. All parts require singing.
Director Douglas Instenes will hold auditions at the Holy Communion Lutheran Church, 2000 W 6th St, Racine. Those interested in auditioning must sign-up for an hour time slot by calling (262) 633-4218. Bring sheet music and sing a prepared song for the audition. An accompanist will be provided and tape recordings or unaccompanied singing are not permitted. Then, they will be shown choreography and perform a dance audition.
Scripts may be checked out in advance from the box office with a $10.00 deposit, which will be refunded when the script is returned. The show will go into rehearsal in October and performs weekend with a few daytime performances for school groups December 1 – 17. Daytime performance dates are December 5, 6, 13, 14, 18, and 19. For further information, contact the Box Office at (262) 633-4218.
Don’t miss out on any auditions! Sign-up for our auditions email list!