The Racine Theatre Guild will be holding open auditions for Vanya and Sonia and Masha and Spike on Monday, November 6 and Tuesday, November 7 at 7 p.m.
ABOUT THE SHOW
Vanya and Sonia are living their mundane lives when their movie star sister, Masha, swoops in with her much younger boyfriend, Spike. The three siblings, all with extremely different personalities, reflect on life and the circumstances that have brought them together for a weekend of dysfunctional melancholy. Winning the 2013 Tony Award for Best Play, Vanya and Sonia and Masha and Spike transforms their misery into heartfelt comedy with wit and absurdity.
Four women; two men:
- Vanya – 50s, living in Bucks County. Resigned to his life, more or less, at least compared to Sonia.
- Sonia – his adopted sister, 50s, living with him in Bucks County. Discontent, upset, regretful.
- Masha – his sister, 50s, glamorous and successful actress who goes gallivanting around the world.
- Spike – an aspiring actor, 25 – 30, Masha’s new boy-toy. Sexy, self-absorbed, but otherwise outgoing and friendly. Must be comfortable with performing shirtless.
- Nina – lovely, sincere would-be actress, 18 – 25, visiting her aunt and uncle next door. Star struck, earnest and energetic.
- Cassandra – cleaning lady and soothsayer, any age, ethnic. Smart, biting wit; bigger than life.
Director Michael Clickner will hold auditions in the Racine Theatre Guild lobby No appointments necessary. Auditions consist of a cold reading from the script. Individuals with all levels of experience are invited to audition.
Scripts may be checked out in advance from the box office with a $10.00 deposit, which will be refunded when the script is returned. The show will go into rehearsal in November and will be performed weekends January 12 – 28, 2018. For further information, contact the Box Office at (262) 633-4218.
Don’t miss out on any auditions! Sign-up for our auditions email list!