The Racine Theatre Guild will be holding open auditions for The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe on Monday, January 28 and Tuesday, January 29 at 7 p.m.
ABOUT THE SHOW
When an ordinary wardrobe transports Peter, Susan, Edmund, and Lucy Pevensie into the enchanted world of Narnia, they begin an adventure towards their destinies as rulers of the land. Trapped in an eternal winter, they must battle the evil White Witch with the help of whimsical forest creatures and the great lion, Aslan, to reclaim Narnia. C.S. Lewis’ book has been magically transformed for the stage celebrating the triumph of good over evil.
A large cast of Men, Women, and Children ages 10+. Any puppeteers are also encouraged to attend.
- Lucy – youngest of the Pevensie children; insatiably curious, she is loving, wise, perceptive and relentless in her loyalty
- Edmund – third oldest Pevensie child; stubborn, fearless and impatient, he is determined to prove his worth and significance
- Susan – second oldest of the Pevensie children; brave, perceptive and motherly, she is mature beyond her years
- Peter – oldest of the Pevensie children; courageous, responsible and brave, he is a born leader; he is aware of his role of older brother
- Aslan – the great lion; proud, strong, magnificent and powerful large, booming voice; potentially a voiceover with a large puppet
- White Witch -the evil queen of Narnia; beautiful in a mad and frightening way, and obsessed with being in control and keeping her power
- Mr. Beaver – brave, funny, perceptive and drives himself and others toward the task at hand
- Mrs. Beaver – Mr. Beaver’s wife; kindly, highly efficient, good-natured, and motherly
- Tumnus – faun, well-mannered, respectful, kind; spares Lucy from the White Witch
- Unicorn – habitant of Narnia; assists children in defeating the White Witch
- Centaur – valiant warrior; assists the children in defeating the White Witch
- Fenris Ulf – wolf and head of the Witch’s secret police
- Dwarf – White Witch’s evil henchman and right-hand man
- Father Christmas -Santa Claus; a bringer of gifts
- Elf – Father Christmas’ helper
- White Stag – An elusive omen of good fortune
Ensemble: forest animals, witch’s army, wood nymphs
Director Christopher Elst will hold auditions in the Racine Theatre Guild lobby. No appointments necessary. Auditions consist of a cold reading from the script and a movement portion. Individuals of all levels of experience are invited to audition.
Scripts may be checked out in advance from the box office with a $10 deposit, which will be refunded when the script is returned. The show will go into rehearsal in February and will be performed weekends April 5 – 14, along with daytime school outreach performances on April 4, 9, 10, 15, and 16. For more information, contact the Box Office at (262) 633-4218.
Don’t miss out on any auditions! Sign-up for our auditions email list!